Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project 365/38-39

We decided to head out to the zoo yesterday.  Yes, I know it's winter, my kids don't care.  They had heard that our new polar bear, Nikita, was being very active and they had to go see for themselves.  I can count on one hand the number of people, other than us, that we saw wandering around.  Oh well, we had fun and I got some great pics.
We wandered around a lot of the indoor places, Discovery Barn, Tropics and of course the Polar Bear overlook.  The animals were real active and interacted with the kids, it's hard to see but the monkey was being a mimic and 'playing' with Sissy.

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is but it was growing in the tropics and was absolutely gorgeous.  Sissy wanted one, it's pink, 'nuff said!
(38/365)
Daddy helping Sissy do a rubbing in the Tropics building, aren't their hands beautiful together.  I love how big his hands are and how gentle he is capable of being.
These Squirrel Monkeys(I think?)  were so excited to see people, they kept jumping at the glass and interacting with Chris and the kids.  Aren't the hands on this animal cool, they look like miniature human hands.

Finally, out for a walk before another dusting of snow.  Winter, I love you but you really need to GO!
(39/365)
2011 Mommytography 365 Project
Contact Me Blogger Picasa



5 comments:

Anita said...

Christi, looks like you all had a fun day. Love the rubbing photo, very sweet. The monkey's hands are human like, in a tree frog kind of way. lol

Mike said...

Maybe going to the zoo in winter isn't so bad after all! :D Cool photos!
-Mike

Tracy said...

Fun! I love polar bears.

Kara said...

Tropical flower.. I want one! :) Great fun with your camera today!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Looks like so much fun. Light attendance can be a pleasant thing for getting to view everything.