Monday, November 1, 2010

Gratitude Challenge: Day 1

As a member of the TOS Homeschool Review Crew I have been exposed to so many great new blogs.  One of our fearless leaders Brenda, over at Garden of Learning, has challenged herself and any one willing to take on the challenge to post daily about what they are grateful for.  I have been pondering how I would do this, beginning of the day so that I could get off to a good start; end of the day so that I would be forced to find something to be grateful for in that day.  I've decided to go with the flow, but definitely force myself to post everyday!

My problem is that I can't quite figure out where to start, there are so many things in my life I'm grateful for.  I guess I'll start at the top.  I am extremely grateful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I am deeply grateful that I was accepted as the sinful person that I was and raised up a new person.  I had a time in my past that I was really struggling with a sin, a sin so big that I couldn't look past it to the offer of forgiveness from the Lord.  I just knew that there was no way that I could be forgiven for this sin, I couldn't even forgive myself.  Isn't it amazing how much we limit God to our own little perceptions of him, He is so much bigger than we can ever comprehend and so much more awesome than we can ever know!  Not only did He show me forgiveness that I can never feel worthy of, but He blessed me beyond measure in the family He gave me.

Psalm 103:8-12
8 The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. 9 He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; 10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
  
This is the passage that changed how I looked at both myself and my Lord, it literally changed everything about how I thought about forgiveness.  How incredibly gracious is our Lord, can we even begin to comprehend?  Head on over here to see what others are grateful for this month.

Contact Me Blogger Picasa

1 comment:

Brenda Emmett said...

Our Lord is truly our greatest blessing. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)