Friday, July 3, 2009

Keeping Cool in KC!


All the kids insist on wearing these, I'm lovin' what they're doing to Ry's ears, hope they don't stay that way!!!


It has been a really hot summer so far. We had over a week of 90 plus temps here, I guess it's not considered a heat wave if it's not 95 or higher for 4 days in a row. It only registered about 92-93 but the humidity was unreal so the "feels like" was in the 100's, but it's not a heat-wave folks. Good to know!!! We've been spending a lot of time at the pool. Sissy is finally potty-trained so a lot of our time is spent running up and down the stairs taking her to the restroom. I don't know why I was so worried about her getting trained, once she decided she was a big girl, that was it, potty trained. No accidents!


We all got together the day after Father's Day to celebrate. My dad's birthday was on June 24th and my sister's was on June 19th so we all celebrated in one gathering. My dad got a new chair for his birthday, perfect for evenings when he gets home from work! It's always a fight to get Sae in the pool but Uncle Eric was able to get it done. He had him jumping in by the end of the afternoon, it was so funny though because he was dragging him around the pool and all of the other kids decided to pile on, he got a workout for sure.


The rest of my time this summer has been spent planning for Fall, getting the curriculum picked out and ready. I've pretty much made all decisions, now it's time to organize. I'll be posting about all of that sometime after the holiday.

No comments: