Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The boys tried their hand at using watercolor pencils for the first time. Koty really enjoyed these but Hunter struggled. I think given more exposure to them he'll fall in love. Once again, they both were to choose a poem by Alfred, Lord Tennyson that they liked and illustrate it.

Hunter chose "Charge of the Light Brigade."





Koty chose "The Owl." I think they both did a great job.
Off to another topic. I got this fabric out of a remnant bin and am going to try my hand at sewing. To be perfectly honest, I haven't sewed since my older two boys were tiny and those projects didn't turn out that great. So I packed the sewing machine and didn't look back. I'm ready to try again and I found a great tutorial on the blog Polka Dot Cottage, how to make a simple skirt. So I'll post my final project, maybe.

No comments: