Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Days with my kids

When I haven't been working the last two weeks, I've been trying to spend quality time with my kids. We've gone to the zoo, walking trails or just played around outside. Here's a couple pics of the last two weeks.
Rylan has discovered a love of kite flying.  The sky was so pretty that day, it looked like he was in front of a portrait.

 Playing in the creek at the conservation area is always a big favorite with my kids. 
Sissy, of course; picked this horse on the carousel because of his pretty flowered saddle.  She is a girly girl to her very core.
I love how you can see the reflection of the tree in the creek, I think it's really pretty.
Daisies are such a happy flower, this was in the beginnings of the butterfly garden at the zoo.  This is SOOC, I thought it turned out pretty.
 We went in search of a waterfall that we can see from the road on our way to Taekwondo.  We had a small incident with a snake where I proved that I might not be the best example of motherhood, but everyone survived without injury. To make a long story short, unbeknownst to me at the bottom of the hill I stepped on a snake while I was looking around, didn't just step on it; stood on it.  I happened to glance down and saw this tail flopping around, I freaked!!!  I jumped, screamed and ran; leaving my kids behind.  No, I didn't consciously leave them as bait; I'm pretty sure when I saw that tail flopping around I lost all ability to have conscious thought.  I will never live it down, of course I told everyone, it was the most excitement we'd had in a while! Besides all that, the waterfall was really cool and we'll definitely be heading back.  Suffice it to say that we'll be beating the ground in front of us, if I step on another snake I might never go off trail again.
Out in front of our house we have a beautiful bird's nest and the momma was sitting on her eggs.  I don't think they ever got a chance to hatch, when we checked on them a couple days later one egg was missing and the other was broken.  Sad, the kids really wanted to watch her take care of her babies.  Luckily I was able to get a couple of photos.
2011 Mommytography 365 Project
Christi

No comments: