Sunday, April 3, 2011

Z-Guide to the Movies by Zeezok Publishing--TOS Review

Photobucket
Pop the corn, grab the sodas and let's settle into watching some movies.  When I was in public school I remember the excitement I would feel when I walked into class and saw the VCR.  It was time for a movie, educational or not, at least I didn't have to listen to the teacher.  I love movies, love everything about them, my whole family does.  So, when we were offered a movie study guide to review, of course we jumped at the chance.

Zeezok Publishing has created a line of study guides that accompany a wide range of movies.  All of them seem to accompany movies that can be used in your homeschool history studies or in some cases Bible studies.  As Dakota has recently read Robin Hood, we decided to use the study guide that accompanies the Erroll Flynn version of the movie.  The guide is packed with questions that guide your child to important tidbits from the movie, activities that strengthen the learning, discussion points that help you talk about the movie and then of course an answer key for everything offered.  Koty really enjoyed it, he thought it was comprehensive and informative.

While we are contemplating getting more of these guides, such as The Red Badge of Courage and Johnny Tremain , I will admit that I think these guides are a touch overpriced at $12.99 each.  I just think that an e-book should be priced accordingly at about $5-$7, but I do get to keep the download and use it for more than just one child, so that helps justify (for me) the higher price.

We all got to choose different movie guides to review, so don't just take my word for it.  Head over here to see what guides other crewmates chose and what they thought of them.
Christi
{As a member of the TOS Review Crew I received a copy of Z-Guide to the Movies Robin Hood, free of charge.  I received no other compensation and was not required to write a positive review.}

No comments: