Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's a God thing!

Today we had something happen that just defied imagination.  Sissy had a dental appt. today that was very long and complicated, she needed three crowns w/pulpotomy and 3 fillings.  I have worked and saved the last two weeks to come up with the $300+ dollars that I would need to pay our part of the bill.  Luckily, she ended up needing 2 crowns and 4 fillings which saved us over $50 dollars.

As I was paying the bill and joking with Sissy about how her good work had saved enough money to pay for our lunch and movie, apparently someone was behind me and listening to me talk with Sissy and the nurse.  Something I said or some joke I made triggered something in this person I would never have imagined.  Sissy and I headed on our way, about halfway home we received a phone call, the gentleman behind us felt moved to pay our bill; they were calling to have us come back and pick up our cash.  Speechless!  I was speechless!  He had them enclose the following note with our cash.


There are no words for the gift this random stranger made to my family.  It's not just the money, although $289.25 is no small amount, it was the sentiment behind it.  This man gave sacrificially to someone he didn't know and will probably never see again, how can I do any differently. 

CJ, the kids and I have decided to start a 'Pay it forward' fund, we will contribute to it weekly and be praying for God to open our eyes to the needs of others.  We want to have the funds available for whenever God shows us a need, it may not be as grand a gesture as this persons gift, but I bet it will make as big a difference in someone else's life as it did in ours.
Christi

5 comments:

Mike said...

That is amazing! That certainly doesn't happen everyday! It's a great reminder that God is thinking of us, and loves to bless us!

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

Wow, wonderful! God works in wonderful ways. What a great thing... It's wonderful that there are still people who listen when God talks to them ;) So happy for you and your family~!
And I love the Pay it Forward idea...

Catherine said...

I love, love, love this! Whoever he is, I'm glad he is in this world, making it a better place.

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Wow, that is amazing! It is so nice to see something like this!

Heidi said...

How wonderful and what a blessing! I love that it inspired your family to pay it forward as well.