Friday, April 1, 2011

5Q Friday




1. Have you ever had surgery?  Yes, I have.  I had an emergency gallbladder removal while on a Disney vacation in California and if that isn't bad enough it was on my wedding anniversary, which is what we went to California to celebrate.


Late last year I had an hysterectomy, yeah me!  Best decision I ever made.

2. Ever ride in an ambulance?  The only time I rode in an ambulance was when they were transferring my 4 month old (14 yrs now) from one hospital to another.  He was being sent to the local Childrens' hospital for emergency surgery.  He had intususception, a twisting of the intestines and was literally near death.  When we got there they asked if they could try something experimental before they went for a full surgery, worst case would still be full surgery.  We said absolutely and the rest is history.  He never had to get surgery, the experimental procedure was to stick a tube up his rectum and just essentially fill his intestines with air until the twisted part straightened out, it worked!

3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm? I'm pretty calm.  I worked in the ER and for several years on an OB floor as a Surgical tech, blood doesn't bother me.  I have a good sense of what qualifies as an actual emergency and what is just a childs mishap.

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?  No never, I have a black thumb.

5. When did you move out of your parents house? I moved out at 18.  I did end up going back for a few months at about 20, but got my feet under me and moved right back out.


Thanks for stopping by, head over here to see other 5QF bloggers.

1 comment:

Danna said...

I had a hysterectomy last year too, you are so right, the best decision ever! Wow, I am so happy to hear that your son didn't need surgery after all, that must have been scary! I can't garden AT ALL, I just don't have that magical touch :)
~Stopping by from 5?F