Thursday, February 3, 2011

Project 365/34

As I drove the back highways to work and back, I was in awe not only at what nature was capable of; but what man was capable of.  Like I said, I drive rural highways to work and back, each and every one was almost completely cleared of snow.  This wasn't just another storm, it was pretty historic in the amount of snow that was dropped in our area, the roadcrews did incredible work.  I can't even begin to thank these men and women who went without sleep and safety to make sure that the rest of us had safe travel, the very next day!! Awesome!
(34/365)
I saw this little guy under the tree today, one of the few places where snow wasn't drifted.  The wind was coming from the other way, so the back side of this tree was blown clean.  It is so fascinating to walk around and look at the drifts, between our townhome and the next there is a 4 ft drift down the middle, but very little to either side.  It really creates some beautiful formations.  I would have gotten pics of that if my kids hadn't dove into them all and smashed them.  Oh well, maybe next time.



2011 Mommytography 365 Project
Contact Me Blogger Picasa

2 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

You definitely look like you are colder than me right now. We have snow in our forecast this evening, but half the time it is forecast it never arrives. ;)

And, I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger award over on my blog! Congratulations!

http://homeschoolblogger.com/alifebetterthanidese/784254/

Mike said...

I love the snow! I just wish we didn't get as much as we did. I love that first shot!
-Mike