Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow week?????

Well, here in KC we are looking at day 3 with school canceled. As we are homeschoolers, this normally wouldn't affect us, but since my oldest started back to public school last week; it's kind of hard to work when he is home. Hunter's not bothering anybody, but the others think if he doesn't have to work neither should they. So, we are finding stuff to keep us busy. We recently accessed Netflix through our PS3, it's really cool and super affordable; we're finding lots of stuff we've never seen. Unfortunately, TV and computer time is how we've been spending our time, it's bitterly cold outside and you can only play for a few minutes at a time. This is actually why school is canceled tomorrow, windchills are supposed to be something like -20, painful and dangerous if you have to stand at a bus stop.

We went to McDonald's for lunch and spent a couple hours in the playplace.  It killed a couple of hours outside of the house, pretty nice, I am the kids are starting to get cabin fever.

When we got home from McD's they decided to brave the incline slopes outback for a few minutes, a very few minutes!!
(11-365)

Koty decided to make a snow angel, quickly realizing that he had picked a snowdrift, when he started to sink. He also quickly realized he should have grabbed his coat before he laid down in the snow.
This one of Ry is kinda blurry, he was moving really fast!
I think I mentioned before that I had started Taekwondo with Rylan.  Hunter and Dakota are already 1st Degree Blackbelts and Sissy is still in Basic Training.  Rylan needed a little more encouragement and I needed to get off my butt and workout some.  I had my third class tonight, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.  I'm certainly working up a sweat and getting sore muscles, so I must be doing something right.  I'm attending class and working out about 4X a week, hopefully; I'll start seeing the results eventually.

I was just playing with settings on my camera with this picture, it is of a necklace I got for Mother's day a couple of years ago.  If you get a chance, head over to Lisa Leonard Designs to see other handstamped silver designs.  She does some truly beautiful work.
(10-365)
Contact Me Blogger Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are enjoying the time!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Looks like a great time! I remember taking mine to McD's when cabin fever struck. At 17 & almost 16, they just don't play in the snow the way they used to, though. Now it's just snowball fights. LOL!! Great shots!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

It looks like everyone is having so much fun. Love that necklace - it's beautiful.

Jen U. said...

What fun snow pics!