Friday, January 1, 2010

Goals for 2010!

I have never been someone who even thought about making resolutions. I live my life and do my best, but I have decided that I need to be more intentional. I need to be an intentional parent, wife, sister, daughter, that just getting by is not good enough. So, in that vein I have set these goals for myself this year.

Homeschooling: Be more deliberate in setting schedules and sticking to them. Turning off electronic devices and other distractions in our home. Homeschooling is all about flexibility, but I believe we have been a little too flexible.

Marriage: Be more emotionally available to my husband, I tend to get frustrated about silly things and take it out on CJ or I just shut him down the minute he walks in the door. He's not to blame for my day or the difficulties I've had, so I really have no right or reason to take it out on him. I should be looking to him to support me and back me up.

Spiritually: I plan on participating in the 90 day Bible challenge to focus my personal time. I also hope to be much more deliberate in my prayer time. I have been convicted that I need to bathe my life in prayer, lay all of my troubles at the foot of the cross.

Physically: I have slowly put on about 25 lbs over the last few months. I had managed to lose 40 lbs over the last winter, so I am hoping that I can drop these lbs. back off with a lifestyle change and getting back to exercising everyday, if only for 15-20 minutes. CJ has been told that he needs to drop at least 50 lbs, so he will be joining me in this effort.

Personally: I plan to participate in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks .
I don't really need encouragement to read, but I'm hoping to use this challenge to force myself to read books I wouldn't necessarily read. I tend to read what my husband refers to as filth, flarn and filth; I intend to be more open to reading non-fiction, biographies, historical, really anything besides romance. Not to say that some of my books won't be romance, I just intend for them to be predominantly something else.

Well that's about it, I hope y'all had a great holiday season and have an awesome 2010.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like what you have written and it certainly is a good idea to improve intellectually. What is the reason that you school your children at home? Maybe school fees are too expensive or too far from home?
As you say you are going to read biographies, well could I add the book I wrote onto your reading list? It's a biography of a refugee and you can find it on Google-Almi A Refugee. See my blog: http://arefugeechild.blogspot.com.
Good luck, Tiiu Kleyn Have a wonderful 2010.

Christi said...

I homeschool for many reasons, mostly that the local schools are unable to offer my children the diversity and advancement that they need. Unfortunately we can't afford private schools, so we homeschool and offer our children the very best that we can find.

I will definitely look into the biography you suggest, I need help branching out and recommendations are always welcome!

Christi