Saturday, August 8, 2009

Photohunt- Theme Low

This photohunt was difficult, I didn't want to go take an odd, random picture. I really wanted to find pics in my archives that fit the theme. I think I did okay.
Both of these were taken off the jetty at the Children's cove at La Jolla. I was trying to explain to the kids what tide pools are and the creatures that live in them, but we weren't going to be able to go tide pooling; then I saw these. I zoomed my camera as far as it would go just to see what I could get. I think that they are great, you can see several different anemones? in both photos.

This one was taken off of the Amtrak that we rode to California on, I'm pretty sure it was one of the lowest points before we got to the mountains of Colorado. It kind of looked like a salt marsh to me, but it was probably just frost.


This one was taken on the Submarine ride at Disneyland, I didn't get to ride this one, because on the day they rode it I was incapacitated.


Here! We went to Disneyland to celebrate our 15th anniversary, which is January 8th. The evening of the 7th I started feeling bad and just assumed I had eaten to much junk food, I woke up on the 8th feeling tired and bruised all through my stomach area. By the night of the 8th, we were sure something was wrong. Chris insisted I go to the ER, even though I was sure it was just gas or something equally unimportant.


The following is me on the 9th, following an emergency Gallbladder removal. Can I party or what?!? We were all pretty down and depressed. But we all believed it could have been worse, it could have hit at the beginning of the trip or on a 36hr Amtrak ride, it waited till the last possible day that I could still catch my flight home and enjoy the majority of my vacation. God is good.

11 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Great photos of a memorable trip,, if not for the end... Have a gret weekend

Anneke (Mudhooks) said...

Well, all things considered, I would say that the lowest point would be the surgery. Having had my gallbladder out (thankfully after only one attack!!! One was definitely enough.) I know just how low you feel.

Hopefully, you are on the mend!

Hope you like my stretchhhhh...

http://mudpuddle.wordpress.com/2009/08/08/photohunter-low/

Brita said...

What a collection for the theme! Have a nice weekend.

Marites said...

what a memorable trip! at least, the attack came at the end of your trip. my ph entry is up too.

bonggamom said...

Lots of lows there!

Unknown said...

Yep, the low point had to be the surgery - or maybe the low point was just before the surgery. I've had gallbladder surgery and remember wondering what in the world was wrong with me.

Otherwise, great pictures for this week's theme.

http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/08/ph-low.html

ohmygums said...

I agree, this weeks theme is kinda' hard to figure out but we did it! You have good picks...

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wow what a vacation to remember! And God is good. :)

Mine's up, too! I hope you can visit.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Mecomber
http://newyorktraveler.net

kim said...

Sorry about your gallbladder surgery. I had mine out last year. Great pics!

www.faceme.wordpress.com

CY said...

Wow, you sure did hit it low there. Hope you will have a nice weekend and take care. CY.
http://tangcyee.com/?p=817#comments

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful photos of the tide pools there, and several clever takes on the theme at once - cool. I'm sorry you got sick on your vacation, but it does sound like you were lucky with the timing.